Bhutan and Thailand enjoy strong ties of bilateral relations. A relation built on a foundation of a shared spiritual heritage, respect for the institutions of Monarchy, and reverence for culture and traditions. This year the two friendly countries celebrate 25 years of the establishment of diplomatic relations.
On the occasion of the birth anniversary of His Majesty King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck on 21st February 2014, the Royal Government of Bhutan presented “Bhutan-Thailand Friendship Offer” to promote people-to-people contact in commemoration of 25 years of a continuing journey in friendship and fruitful bilateral cooperation.
Currently, Bhutan receives comparatively less visitors during winter and summer months to that of spring and autumn months. Therefore, we hope that more visitors will visit Bhutan during summer months of 2014 through this initiative.
The offer will include the following:
1. Visitors can choose not to pay the mandatory minimum daily package rate. Instead, the government will only levy the daily royalty of US$ 65 per person per night.
2. Drukair & Bhutan Airlines will offer 50% discounts on airfare
3. Hotels will offer discounts up to 50%
4. Special airport reception arrangement on arrival
5. Flexibility of choice in services
Terms and conditions
1. The offer is strictly for Thai nationals and other nationals who have proof of residency in Thailand only.
a. Thai residency proof will include those other non- Thai nationals as follows:
i. Who have been issued a minimum of one year visa or
ii. Whose visa status is ‘until completion’
b. So you will have to upload a scanned copy of the above information along with their passport copies when submitting their visa application.
2. Surcharge will not apply.
3. Visitors will pay USD $ 65 per person per night as Royalty and USD $ 40 as visa fee (one time) for their visits to Bhutan during the promotional period. The Royalty and visa fees must be deposited upfront when lodging the visa application as usual. However, tour operators can choose to receive the additional amount by any channel favourable to them.
a. On group application page (Tashel) or group detail page, you will need to select/check “Thai Package” in order to avail this “Bhutan – Thailand Friendship Offer” deal.
4. All additional costs pertaining to their stay in Bhutan will be as per quotes/package prices of tour operators.
5. All visitors will be required to book their trip to Bhutan through a licensed Bhutanese tour operator.
6. The promotional offer will be valid for duration of three months from 1st June 2014 – 31st August 2014.
7. All the groups must have arrival and departure dates falling within 1st June – 31st August 2014.
8. To avail this Offer, you must not apply together with other nationals. In other words, the group must consist only Thai nationals and those other nationals with proof of residency in Thailand.
9. In addition, all other discounts will apply.
More Detail, please check: http://mekongvoyage.ch/index.php/specialoffers